1 cup thinly sliced yellow and red bell peppers
2 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. (½ kg.) refrigerated pizza dough
½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
½ cup Fontina cheese (see tip at bottom)
1 whole rotisserie chicken
¼ cup barbecue sauce
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
1. Preheat your oven to 500°F (260°C)
2. In a saute pan, add some olive oil and cook the bell peppers on medium-high (about 10 minutes) until they are soft and tender. Add some salt and pepper to suit taste.
3. Roll out your pizza dough on a flat surface. Be sure to sprinkle some flour to keep it from sticking. The total circumference should be at least 15 inches in diameter.
4. On the top of the pizza dough, add the mozzarella cheese, Fontina cheese and bell peppers over the entire pizza surface. Place into the oven for 12 minutes on the third baking rack available. The crust should be golden brown.
5. While the pizza is cooking, take the rotisserie chicken and cup up 1 ½ cups of breast meat for the BBQ chicken topping. Mix in a small bowl the chicken with the barbecue sauce that has been warmed-up. After the pizza is ready, remove from the oven and add the chicken and sauce pieces over the rest of the pizza. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper and garnish with the chopped parsley. Slice into 12 wedges and serve.
Tip: If you can’t find Fontina cheese, there are actually two popular versions. One if an Italian version that is sharp in flavor, the other that is Danish is much smoother and mild flavored. If you cannot find Fontina at your local store you can substitute them with mild provolone, gruyera, and gouda cheese.